hmmm...

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I posted a few topics on this already but now I have decided to clear my mind of all previous decisions and start looking for a camera again from the start. So please help me. I have about a years worth of experience (not point and shoot) on my Kodak Z650 and I think its time for a upgrade. I have read a few books including the manual for my camera. I will be getting $1,500 (CAN) soon from selling my dirt bike and I am looking at getting a body 1 lens and a few accessories. I also have a friend planning to buy my old for $200 (CAN) so I can get another lens or a tripod (I have a cheap one). Any ways just give me some ideas and why I should get the camera. I will be using it for landscapes, cityscape's, indoor shoots such as still life and other various shots.

Im a definate sony user but with that i'd say go with a nikon d80 or even a canon 30d. The kit lens with the d80 is a pretty good lens and thats under the price that you're looking to spend

D80 and the best lens you can afford.

Well thats cutting close. Its $1,399 CAN with a 18-135mm which is the cheapest version (with a lens) available.

If you're near Edmonton I've got a lightly used D80 for sale :thumbup:

Also have you thought about finding a D50 or D70 on clearance?

I was looking at a D50 but I didn't really look at the D70. And I live all the way over on the east coast here in newfoundland.

Most reactions

Back