Ho-Hum-mingbirds

I am blown away by the clarity, sharpness and color of these photos! One of these days, I'll be able to invest in better lenses.

Not sure what lenses you have, but I feel fairly confident in saying - you can do this with many kit lenses (in terms of clarity, sharpness and color) along with PP.

Great set Jaca, love the natural feeder :icon_thumleft:

I just nominated your Allen's (#3) for POTM, September, 2014.

Now you're in competition with yourself. :biggrin-93:

(edit) My reasons: Perfectly focused and framed with a blurred background, and the bird's beak is echoed in the thorns.

We could still nominate any of his other photographs.

Just sayin'.

I just nominated your Allen's (#3) for POTM, September, 2014.

Now you're in competition with yourself. :biggrin-93:

(edit) My reasons: Perfectly focused and framed with a blurred background, and the bird's beak is echoed in the thorns.

Triple Double like :) Thank you!

Great set Jaca, love the natural feeder :icon_thumleft:

I'm really really lucky. Just across the street, there was an empty area of grass and some nice trees. A few months ago most of the grass and a few trees were replaced with a variety of plants and flowers. Many of them have matured and the hummers are going crazy. Yesterday, there were hummers, Western bluebirds, and Nutmeg Mannikins among others. It will be my spot when I am lazy and don't want to go shoot the shorebirds.

The hummingbirds love this bush:
Description:
The Mexican sage is a bushy shrub that grows 3-4 ft. tall and wide. It has hairy white stems, gray-green leaves and velvet like purple flower spikes that bloom summer through fall. This shrub tolerates sun, light shade, little water, and is hardy to 15 degrees F. The Mexican sage is drought tolerant and attracts hummingbirds. -Cornflower Farms

Information by Gardensoft

If i was you i'd get real lazy real quick and plant myself next to that bush for a week :headbang:

LOL, I got my little travel chair and I do enjoy planting my arse on it at times.

Number one is beautiful!! Love the coordinating colors. Nice set.

Diggin' #2 and is the winner for me. Excellent detail and the white-out behind the head really makes it stand out. What I find most intriguing is the brier branch it's sitting on shows well against it's pointed beak.

well done on all.

Diggin' #2 and is the winner for me. Excellent detail and the white-out behind the head really makes it stand out. What I find most intriguing is the brier branch it's sitting on shows well against it's pointed beak.

well done on all.

Thank you Sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well done on all.
Errr, I meant #3. But you knew that, didn't you?

Most reactions

Back