Hockey pics

RTA Supra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some pictures that my wife took of my team during a game. This is our first dslr and her first time shooting. Thanks for looking!

CSC_0421.jpg

CSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

CSC_0454.jpg

Shooting on AUTO for sports is a no no,
Underexposed, shutter speed too slow, aperture not wide enough, ISO not high enough, no peak action, lens not long enough

Underexposed, shutter speed too slow, aperture not wide enough, ISO not high enough, no peak action, lens not long enough

If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that :lol:

I appreciate the advice. We're both beginners and these are some of the first shots we've taken, so the help is great!

If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that :lol:

I appreciate the advice. We're both beginners and these are some of the first shots we've taken, so the help is great!

:lol:

Also... getting to ice level will help a lot as well. Looking down on the action always creates a pretty boring view point.

What camera do you have? Turn the dial to S and then adjust the shutter speed to 1/400, the ISO should be around 1600 if not higher. Also google panning, it could be useful when come to shooting a sport like hockey.

What camera do you have? Turn the dial to S and then adjust the shutter speed to 1/400, the ISO should be around 1600 if not higher. Also google panning, it could be useful when come to shooting a sport like hockey.

At those settings he will be an extra stop underexposed than he is now
For this sort of sport you use aperture priority if you are not familiar and confident with manual, but i think you are using the kit lens so you will need to use ISO3200 and aperture wide open and you will still probably get blur

Most reactions

Back