Hockey shoot

TuxBrothers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i bought the 55-200mm Nikkor kit lens :)
I really hope you guys like what you see.
Im still a very very newbe but i try as hard as i can with the cheapo stuff i have ;)
First time i use the D3200 in manual mode :)

Full view: www.facebook.com/tuxfoto

DSC_2350.jpg

DSC_2355.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

DSC_2539.jpg

You're off to a good start, one thing you may want to focus on is facial expression. Try to capture the emotion.

You seem to be seeing and getting some good moments (like the first one, that's pretty cool). I'd think about your backgrounds and vantage points, and how you're framing so you don't get parts of people in the backgrounds along the edges of the frame (that can make for distractions, I usually think if something doesn't add to a photo it probably doesn't need to be in the frame).

Shooting sports is the timing and takes plenty of practice. I like to go early, find where there are some good vantage points, maybe take pictures during warmups. Keep at it, practice and have fun.

What's up with all the white dots all over the pictures?
Good timing on the shots but you were in the wrong position in my estimation. Get the action from the front of the player instead of the back.

Thank you Bill and Sharon :)
I will try to do what you guys advice.

@dennybeall
The white dots are water drops, hockey is played on (artificial gras) fields with a little water on it, the ball gets more speed and its safer for the players.

You are right about the position, but not on all national hockey games (prime league) you are allowed on the field and behind de goals there are big nets for protection.
So at this game i had to shoot from the sides of the field.

Cheers Gerard

Keep at it, field hockey is a tough one to shoot, field size being close to the same size as a soccer field. It's tough to work from the sides, better closer to the ends, but then you have that getting hit with the ball, and it'll leave a stinger. A longer lens would help, as would some faces. You're on the right track though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back