Hola!

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hmm, how'd I miss this section while browsing?

My name is James, and I'm a resident of the Fairbanks, Alaska, area. In real life, I'm an electronics technician, but in my world, I shoot with a Canon Rebel GII SLR. The only digital camera I own is a Vivitar ViviCam 20--a webcam with memory. It sits with my SLR in the bag, ready to go but utterly unused... mainly because I can't find the USB cable for it. Plus, at 640X480....

I love black and white photography, and shoot probably 50-60% of the time with it. Many times, I'll scan my color photos and desaturate in The Gimp (I'm a Linux addict, so no Photoshop for me!).

Unfortunately, I don't have the room or equipment for my own darkroom, so pretty muchly all my film is processed 1-hour-photo style. I've got the gear to develop BW film, but no way to make prints, so I'll have to figure that one out.

I haven't been doing all of this for very long, but the outlook is good. It's fun and quite a challenge, frequently with results I didn't quite expect.

I suppose that's about it for me as a photographer. I look forward to enjoying y'all's work!

Welcome to the forum, James! I'm sure that you'll have lots of great nature shots for us to see and I look forward to seeing them.

Fairbanks huh? I'm told that's a real cool place to live!
Welcome to the lunacy James!

Most reactions

Back