Hola

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New to the site. Recently quit a full-time staff position at a newspaper for freelance. So far, it's paying better but isn't as fulfilling. Looking to change that soon with some grants for personal projects. Nice to meet you. Hit me up any time.

Thanks. I was debating using it but I saw a smiling finger with sunglasses and figured it was OK. ;)

Hia Nagala, Hope you enjoy the forum. Gutsi move, going solo, keep us posted on how it goes.

I GOTTA GET ME AN AVATAR !!!!!!!!!

Welcome! And yes, great avatar! (I'm sensing pent up rage!?)

That's what I thought. I did a search for it last night but couldn't get it to work.
I guess I can elaborate a little more on myself. I'm 26, married to my - get this - elementary school sweetheart. Got a 100-pound 4-year-old Weimeraner, no chitlins and a sweet house that I still don't think we deserve. She's a nurse, I'm a recovering newspaper reporter. I went from 6 years of newspaper with a journalism degree and a pretty sweet crime and police beat to an office job at State Farm, freelancing for newspapers and magazines when I can fit it in (they're surprisingly open to my taking off at a day's notice). Been doing that for a couple months now, experiencing withdrawals more and more as time goes on. So, that's where I am today. I'm still looking for the full-time position that pays well, provides stable work AND that I can make an actual long-term career out of. In the mean time, I'm all about the money. At least now I can afford to add to my bag. Thousands of dollars of equipment doesn't come easily on chump change. If I sound a bit jaded, it's because I am. Dreams are for movies. Sometimes you have to do things you don't like to be able to do things you do.

I'm really not as morbid as I sound. I just do that for kicks. I'm really laid back and fun-loving. Never take anything I say seriously.

Most reactions

Back