holiday lights

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
With the holidays coming many people are decorating with lights. What an exciting time of the year and lots of great things to see and experience.

A friend of mine wants me to take pictures of an outdoor display for a publication or something. I am having difficulty getting the settings quite right. I either had little spots of light from the blulbs or I end up with glaring light when I get the background detail desired.

Any thought or comments?

Thanks,

Try shooting at sunset or sunrise. It's dark enough for the lights, but the background still gets some available light. I'd use a tripod and bracket if I was going for the best quality.

I don't have any experience with this subject or the what i'm suggesting, but have you tried a polarizing filter. You mentioning light glare at the w/ the correct setting for the background made me think a polarizing filter could fix it. What do other people think about htis?

I was initially thinking that this was caused by the over exposure required to get the desired background. However this effect would be intensified by the glare that would be elminated with polarizing, wouldn't it??? I would like to hear other thoughts on this as well......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back