Holiday photos C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by blueofspirit, Mar 11, 2010.

1. blueofspirit

blueofspirit TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Recently did a couple trips around Asia and took some photos along the way. C&C welcome :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#5 - my first real attempt at manual focus since the camera AF kept on focusing on the banana leaf behind the spider and web
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. matfoster

matfoster TPF Noob!

sky on #4 is awesome.

3. blueofspirit

blueofspirit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. What about the other ones?

4. Prometheus

Prometheus TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like #4, except the container in the bottom right and the unevenly bright lights on the right draw my attention away from the rest of the photo. A 10:8 crop would look great, with everything cropped off the right side instead of a center crop.

5. matfoster

matfoster TPF Noob!

#2 is ok - tricky to control the highlights with those flowers,
    #3 is interesting, but i can't distinguish what is in the water with the man. bit dark on my screen.
    #1 the composition is poor. the railings in the background.
    #5 the spider's too far away, the big palm plant in the background is distracting.

6. blueofspirit

blueofspirit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a child in the water. I metered off the sky so that the sky would be bright and everything else would be silhouetted. Would there be a better way to do this?

Agree - would you say the rest of the photo was interesting? I liked the colors and wanted to get the front few with bokeh in the back.. I could probably go back there and reshoot this one

Center crop on the spider? The web was off the side of a path at a weird angle and I couldn't physically get any closer. My 24-70 lens wouldn't go any closer either :(

Would you say it would have been better to get the whole web in focus too? Right now only the right hand side is in focus because of the angle - just for future reference.

7. blueofspirit

blueofspirit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a child in the water. I metered off the sky so that the sky would be bright and everything else would be silhouetted. Would there be a better way to do this?

Agree - am still working on thinking composing..would you say the rest of the photo was interesting? I liked the colors and wanted to get the front few with bokeh in the back.. I could probably go back there and reshoot this one

Center crop on the spider? The web was off the side of a path at a weird angle and I couldn't physically get any closer. My 24-70 lens wouldn't go any closer either :(

Would you say it would have been better to get the whole web in focus too? Right now only the right hand side is in focus because of the angle - just for future reference.