• Both suck

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

HollandHusker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been a very long time since i've posted any pictures of myself on this forum. I've been extremely busy and had barely time to be taking any pictures at all. This afternoon I finally got out on my bike and took a little trip to capture some of Hollands beauty. I 'd like to share some with you:

wilgen2copy.jpg

#2 (I wonder which one you guys like best, #1 or #2?)

wilgencopy.jpg

Electricitycopy.jpg

Beercancopy.jpg

#5 --> :wink:

daretojumpcopy.jpg

All C&C is very welcome, like to hear what you guys think. I could upload some more if you guys like me to.

What's up with the fact that you can't instantly see my pictures? If a moderator could change it for me please do so! :) Thanks in advance!

Please repost and use the third line in the row (it will copy itself, that is a new feature on PHotobucket, but with their installing this automatic copy-feature, it no longer works to copy the URL and use the forum's insert-image-icon). No one can help you now, you must repost and use the third line (IMG-tags).

That very symmetrical one of the pylon is cool!
And the other one with the scribbling is funny :D.

And of the first two I like the first ... so my vote went to that one.

And that rusty beer can is also something I could find to the left and the right of all the paths I ever go ... :roll: it is really VERY rusty. Almost gone even.

Thanks for your help Corinna. Thanks for your comment. I have a hard time deciding which of the first two I like most. I do like the detail on the tree, but the inside is very interesting as well. Hope some other peeps will give their opinion about it. Have a good night!

I think #2 is better, because the focus should be (what do I know) on the most interesting part. And in the first pic the branches in the back don't seem to be that interesting. That woody thing has some nice structure. It would love to see it a tad bit lighter.

And, as LaFoto said, #3 is a nice one. Good eye. The rest, they don't move me.

pascal

Theres too much in the foreground in the first for it to be out of focus; 2.

-Will

Thanks you all! I think you are right William, there's a bit too much out of focus in the first. For your information, it's a willow. I think I'll get back to it and will try to get the whole picture. It's quite an interesting tree. Also thank you for the comments on the pylon, it be nice to go with a blue sky or at night, I don't think I'll get to it shortly but I will try to go there sometime!

Well, am I the only one who voted for Photo 1 then because of the aspect of hiding and lurking and waiting for something/someone to come by or happen in that grass or in that spot? No, the first has two votes... ;) Good then! I am not alone.

For a photo of the bark, Photo 2 shows too little bark, I say. And the bark is too dark. And the background too busy.

I like the feeling of being in hiding behind that bark and looking out. Who knows, a rare bird might come past and you'd get a gorgeous bird-photo like those of Sir Ray or AIRIC or so :wink: :wink: :wink: !?

Haha, everyone has it's own pov, I do see what you're saying. Rare birds in Holland, that would be too much luck, and please don't tease me, the bird-photos of Sir Ray and Airic are way to good for me! :D Also I might have to buy a new camera if I'd like to try something like that:p Imagine how hard it is to get everything just right, while holding my camera handheld laying on the grass underneath the pylon:p It made my new sweater very dirty, which made my mom upset :p

Heehee, I understand a) your mom (I could be your mom easily), and b) what you say about a new camera for photos such as those taken by Sir Ray ... it is his lens, most of all. That cost him 35 times (!) more than my tele-zoom cost me. There MUST BE a difference there, eh?

And I still like the "hiding and lurking" version better, heehee. Dirty sweater or not (since I don't need to wash it, only my own son's sweaters, but he isn't into photography, only into triathlon :D).

It sure would be his lens, but I don't even think I can find a different lens for my camera:lol: It's just a very normal digital camera. Sony DSC-W15, but I might get a new camera from my dear Grandma, do you have any advice on what camera I should take? I have been looking in the stores, but I can't really decide. My budget is beneath a 1000 €uro.. Any ideas?

Oh dear ... I am quite happy with my 350D (need to be happy, too, for I am not going to get anything else/better in the next many years to come!), but that is all I can say, i.e. that I personally am happy. Now the 400D is out, but I won't even begin to think about whether I'd be happier with that one ... I could keep wishing for the best, the newest, the latest forever... I am unhappy with my lenses, but will have to make do with those, too. I am not going to get anything better in that field in a long, long while to come, either. So there... Best ask in the Equipment Forum.

Most reactions

Back