Holocaust Memorial

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today is Holocaust Memorial Day around the world, and I thought it'd be a good idea to post these. Although I'm not one who usually photographs pieces of art, I couldn't pass up on this opportunity.

The five pieces represent things, material and otherwise, that Holocaust victims left behind while forced to jump on trains that for many would be the last ride.

All taken at the Oregon Holocaust Memorial in Washington Park (Portland) with Nikon D70s and Nikkor 18-200 VR.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I'm still new, so I try to refrain from offering "technical" tips, but I still thought I should comment on these...I am a big fan of black and white, especially in these where the subjects pop against the brick background...you did a great job capturing the somber atmosphere I'm sure was present at the site.

I was completely unaware of this memorial until this post...are the items just scattered randomly along the ground? This seems like a very unique memorial. Thanks for sharing!

ya the b&w is great
i love these photos...especially with your little story...
i really feel the emptiness and the lives that were left behind
nicely done

very nice shots, have the feeling of things left behind and forgotten...

I'm still new, so I try to refrain from offering "technical" tips...
No problem, welcome to the forum, hopefully you'll learn a lot about photography like most of us here have.

I was completely unaware of this memorial until this post...are the items just scattered randomly along the ground? This seems like a very unique memorial.
Yes, these and other items are scattered around the area of the actual memorial (which is what you see below).

If you're interested in seeing more, there's a video on the Memorial's website (click here).

Thanks everybody for your comments. I'm really glad (and surprised) that the photos have been able to communicate some of the emotions that can be felt there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back