holy bajeezus...78 degrees in april? in seattle!?!?

hazzayoungn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last friday was amazing. As you mightve guessed, it got 78 degrees with no rain, and everybody was out. Good day for people watching and for testing out the new wide angle lens and polarizer

btw...these were scanned on subpar machinery. the grain is extremely fine, and subjects are a bit less blurry (though I have to admit, i missed the focus on the kite flyers :grumpy:)

kitesatthepark1.jpg

kite2copy1.jpg

night.jpg

tower.jpg

specs: fm2n, 28mm f/2.8, 50mm f1.4, superia reala 100

how do you guys think i did?

any input extremely appreciated

so much for kerplunk...
here comes the bump :D

I was going to say, you are not talking about today's weather.

I like #3, but it seems a little overexposed. 4 is also interesting to me for some reason...I can't quite pinpoint why though.

I think #3 have nice composition but I would also say it's overexpose. I also like #4 but maybe you can chop off a little bit of the sky on the top?

thanks for the input guys. for those who havent been to seattle, gasworks park is an old brownfield converted to a public park. for the curious... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasworks_Park

oldfireguy: yeah, definitely talking about that crazy daylong heatwave on friday. it was a bit comical seeing people at school on monday still wearing shorts and tank tops when the high was 54...

auz: yup, its overexposed. i guessed 4 stops underexposed, but that was a guess using zones. also, the sky is still lit since it was taken about 30 min after sunset, so the guessing got harder from the initial guess. theres something i like about 4 as well. the contrast of the subject to surrounding maybe?

blessedLens: nae! seattle eh hangook saram mani sardah hae. i hope that korean wasnt too rusty :blushing:

schumionbike: how much sky do you think would be good cut off? i only kept it like it was because i was excited that my polarizer works >_<

thanks again

Most reactions

Back