Holy CRAP!!!

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just off the phone with a friend who just got back from Scotland. He told me that while he was gone one of his cats had been accidentlly shut up in his bedroom without food or water for 2 weeks and the guy who was watching the house and pets could not for the life of him find it because it a shy little dude. Amazingly it survived and is still in good health but will not leave his side now. Poor little guy. My friend is still freakin over it. The vet said he is okay but is in awe at the endurance the cat had. :shock: Just wanted to let you guys know that miracles do happen.

Me too. I started to feel real ill when he was telling me and he's still pretty shakin up over it.

Poor cat. Glad it's ok. I always find it harder to feel sorry for animals than humans for some reason. :|

ferny said:
Poor cat. Glad it's ok. I always find it harder to feel sorry for animals than humans for some reason. :|

No doubt. I have no problem watching humans destroy each other but I can't even make it through "Gorillas in the mist" without going (excuse the pun) apesh@t. "My Dog skip" is a horror flick and so is "where the red fern grows". Animal suffering by man's hands is the worst.

I forgot about Where the Red Fern Grows :cry:

Good to hear that the kitty is doing OK.

One of my pet snakes escaped a few months ago. I'm really hoping for one of those animal miracles. Snakes can actually survive over a year without food but it's a terrible feeling when you don't know if your pet is safe.

That is an amazing story!! Poor little kitty..... :heart:

I wish the house-sitter had thought to just wander around the house and open ALL the doors.....when I leave my house in the morning, if I can't find my kitty, I even leave my closet doors ajar. Kitties just like to hide, but they sure can get into trouble that way. :(

Glad there is a happy ending. Your friend was wise to take the cat to the vet. :)

Aw!!!! I hope nothing like that ever happens to my kitty! I'm most worried about her somehow getting out (she's NEVER been outside!) even though there are two doors she would have to find a way through. I still worry about it.

mygrain said:
ferny said:

No doubt. I have no problem watching humans destroy each other but I can't even make it through "Gorillas in the mist" without going (excuse the pun) apesh@t. "My Dog skip" is a horror flick and so is "where the red fern grows". Animal suffering by man's hands is the worst.

I feel the same (sept I havent seen those films)

Glad the cats ok, cats are amazing creatures, alot more self reliant than dogs :D

Big Mike said:
Good to hear that the kitty is doing OK.

One of my pet snakes escaped a few months ago. I'm really hoping for one of those animal miracles. Snakes can actually survive over a year without food but it's a terrible feeling when you don't know if your pet is safe.

LOL. Mike your neighbors missing toy poodle might give a clue. :wink:

core_17 said:
Aw!!!! I hope nothing like that ever happens to my kitty! I'm most worried about her somehow getting out (she's NEVER been outside!) even though there are two doors she would have to find a way through. I still worry about it.

Yeah our cats are "innies" too. But once I was standing by the front door admiring a stray in the front yard and then grumbling about all the strays, and racoons and deer that hang out around my house( I live in the middle of town). I was absolutely amazed how much this cat looked like our big black male cat (Bacchus) playing with a tree limb. :shock: An then i realized IT WAS BACCHUS OUTSIDE PLAYING WITH A TREE LIMB!!! We had no idea how or how long he was outside but there he was having a great ole time by himself.

My cat spends all day inside. In the summer she'll go out until very late at night. But it's not very often that she isn't under someones bed of on one of my jumpers and turning it white with fur.

poor kitten! I hope everythinh will be ok with him in the future bcause it could have harmed his psychique

mygrain said:
core_17 said:

Yeah our cats are "innies" too. But once I was standing by the front door admiring a stray in the front yard and then grumbling about all the strays, and racoons and deer that hang out around my house( I live in the middle of town). I was absolutely amazed how much this cat looked like our big black male cat (Bacchus) playing with a tree limb. :shock: An then i realized IT WAS BACCHUS OUTSIDE PLAYING WITH A TREE LIMB!!! We had no idea how or how long he was outside but there he was having a great ole time by himself.

Oh crap! My heart jump right up outa my mouth if that happened to me!

Kitty would be lost if she weren't pampered! This is her lounging on top of her kitty castle. Cats sure can twist, can't they?

CAMERAPHONEedit.jpg

(excuse the quality! Taken with my camera phone!)

Most reactions

Back