Holy God I hate Windows....

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So.. I download the Microsoft ICE program to play with, but it won't install (.MSI). I google, everything says to update Vista - so I do. I run the updater, spend an hour or so updating the stuff microsoft is telling me to, and the program still won't load -- and to top it off, it doesn't even recognize my camera anymore.

I plug it in, turn it on as I always have and wa-la - nothing happens. I go to windows explorer and right click the camera to import, and it tells me there is no scanner installed.

Good god I miss the old days of DOS sometimes... if anyone knows ANYthing to fix this, please let me know.

So.. I download the Microsoft ICE program to play with, but it won't install (.MSI). I google, everything says to update Vista - so I do. I run the updater, spend an hour or so updating the stuff microsoft is telling me to, and the program still won't load -- and to top it off, it doesn't even recognize my camera anymore.

I plug it in, turn it on as I always have and wa-la - nothing happens. I go to windows explorer and right click the camera to import, and it tells me there is no scanner installed.

Good god I miss the old days of DOS sometimes... if anyone knows ANYthing to fix this, please let me know.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nope i got nothing

Update to Windows 7 - from what I hear all is good after that :)

Even microsoft have had to admit that Vista was a disaster (keeping support of XP going far longer than they originally planned and actualy beta testing win 7!)

I go to windows explorer and right click the camera to import, and it tells me there is no scanner installed.

so your camera does appear as an icon in explorer? if you right click it and look at properties what does it show you? does it recognise it as a camera?

Do a system restore. It will take you back to a previous date. Ive never had a problem with windows vista. But I do have windows 7 also and prefer to use it over vista. Good luck.

LOL @ rocdoc!....i haven't had a single problem with my windows machines since I switched to Mac :lol:

(zipping up my flame suit)

Drivers need to be reinstalled or updated? O.S need to be reinstalled ( Windows rot?)....

I have 1 Pc's with Vista.. and 2 with Windows 7, never had any problems running my camera or anything on them. ( or anything else for that matter)

Running to a mac wont fix anything though..lol

Good lord... I tried system restore to earlier point (today before upgrading), and it failed. I had to go to a raid (world of warcrack) so I left it til after. Now it suddenly works again.

Yeah, I am seriously considering upgrading to Windows 7. I never wanted Vista but it came with the computer :p I would go the way of Apple if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to switch everything (and if I didn't have a relatively new laptop as it is).

Thanks for the help all. No idea why it stopped, or why it suddenly started again.. but that's microsoft for ya.

..now if i could just get that f&(*@#& .msi to install, but that is another story..

and can you believe it... on a whim I downloaded the program again and saved it to a different directory, and now it works. Both are created by me so neither is a system directory... yay vista.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back