Holyrood Abbey

Tsimiri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm just looking to see what you guys thought of this one. Sugestions or comments? It was taken at Holyrood Abbey in Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Holyrood_Abbey_Silouhette_2_almost_black.jpg

A graduated ND filter to darken the sky, allowing you to better expose the interior might improve, but nonetheless, an interesting and 'moody' shot!

Not too bad. The sky is a tad overexposed...and the people are a tad dark. Nothing that could maybe be fixed with a little tweaking. What were you trying to convey here?

Yeah the sky is blown out. Either you could have exposed for the sky in one and the foreground in another and combined them. That or a ND filter would have helped.

An alternative method - easiest if you're using digital - is to take a shot with sky properly exposed, and another from exactly the same position with the interior, and then use Photoshop to merge the two together.

I've tried it, but even using a tripod, I found it quite tricky to merge the two pictures convincingly though.

Colin

the whole thing was i took this quite a few years ago and i didnt have my camera on me... i used my parents point and shoot digital. so the equipment was nothing to fancy. but thank you for the comments :)....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back