Home Components (Lots of Images)

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can't thank the two people who replied to my "Interior Photography" thread a few days ago enough. It would have been an even worse disaster otherwise. The overall 'review' of this was that it was a wonderful learning experience in which I learnt plenty of 'to do's and 'not to's. For instance dusting off the furniture is a 'to do', and forgetting to throw on the polarizer is a 'not to'.

Why I am posting these images is essentially to get as much constructive (or just plain brutal if you prefer) criticism. I am hoping to try my hand at this once again, so as much knowledge that I can gain before then would be much appreciated.

Firstly, my apologies for the number of images, as well as for the borders. I generally avoid borders like a plaque, but in this case I thought they needed a 'unifying' touch. (Though for some reason some borders are larger then others)

1. My largest self complaint regarding this image is the burnt out curtains. (The image taken by the designer prior to me taking photos is: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/Peanuts_Schroeder/CalBridgeShowhomesCochraneBradsh-1.jpg)
HDR-House2Living.jpg

2. My overall goal with this photo was to make the room appear more open and as warm as it appeared in person. (Photo sent: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/Peanuts_Schroeder/CalBridgeShowhomesCochraneBradshous.jpg) The chromatic abbretion around the windows is somewhat frustrating. Any tips as to how to avoid this in the future? The mat was 'wrinkled' and I was not able to make it entirely flatten out.
HDR-House1Livingtrial2.jpg

_MG_9727.jpg

4. Too boring?
_MG_9745fixed.jpg

_MG_9760.jpg

_MG_9813bw.jpg

_MG_9902.jpg

_MG_9907.jpg

9. Too simplistic?
_MG_9912.jpg

_MG_9930.jpg

11. I should probably explain that the focus was intended to fall on the 'D' and then taper off, but I wasn't able to move back far enough with the 50mm to achieve this and settled on the 'E'. Any thoughts of whether I should show this particular image or not?
_MG_9942.jpg

12. Is this too 'HDR' for most people's tastes? Unfortunately I wasn't able to save it otherwise.
HDR-House2BR.jpg

13. Possibly one of my favourite images from the day. Except the basket is splat dab in the middle.
HDR-House2Dining2.jpg

i cant decide what it looks like. it looks like a home improvements montage or maybe a set of pics to accompany pics of a new house development. a mix of the sensible pics of the house exterior with some classé pics like the above^^

I really like #5 a lot and as for #12, it is not too HDR at all. I would not have known it was an HDR shot if you did not say anything. I think you did a great job with it - toning down the hot spots in the photo with your HDR.

Thank you very much for your comments Kevin, jophassa, Sara and HollandHusker.

Any additional critiques would be greatly appreicated :)

I really think it sells the pieces, just like in a catalogue. Very nice shots, good lighting. Overall I like them very much.

-Fiona

very nice

definately looks like something i would find in one of my dads architectual magazines.....

Most reactions

Back