Home made tilt lens

enzodm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Following this tutorial, but only partly, I built my own tilt lens (not much shift available):

Instead of dismantling a lens, I used a Tominon 105/4.5 coming from a scientific Polaroid camera. It is a lens in a shutter, but blocked on B.

I have yet to fully experiment with it, this is a quick sample:

I would love to see more images shot with your new DIY lens setup. I followed some of the links in the article you referred us to above...some fascinating stuff!

I think I will have some free time this week end. Since there arent' (yet?) ways of blocking the lens in some position, or finely positioning it, it's slightly time consuming (and I need also a good scenery, not only around my home :) ). It's like a Lensbaby, I think.
This is a bad picture, but with somewhat extreme focus plane:

Corn is about 5 meters far. On left, dark is due to insufficient coverage (or, better, to the too thin channel - I have to find a larger tube).

I'd like to see an urban landscape. A street scene perhaps. Too bad you can't block it. There must be a way!

It's kind of the budget version of what this photographer (whom I greatly admire) did with a borrowed 645 and an old lens:
... which in turn is the budget version of a real tilt&shift lens :) , or the modern version of an old view camera :)

(I considered to dismantle my bellows, but at the end I decided not to sacrifice it).

I'd like to see an urban landscape.

It's something I would like to do. However, it will be something static, and "urban" in typical small italian city sense :)

In the meantime, take a look at this inspirational double portrait (not mine, and done with a real T&S).

I'd like to see an urban landscape.

It's something I would like to do. However, it will be something static, and "urban" in typical small italian city sense :)

In the meantime, take a look at this inspirational double portrait (not mine, and done with a real T&S).

That's a very nice photo. Thanks for linking it.

wouldnt it be easier to just get a lensbaby?

I might just have to try this. I want a TS-e SOOOOOOO bad!!!!!

It sure looks better than a crudely taped together Lynny. :biglaugh

Really? So, do you mean I can start raising funds for this new, absolutely original enterprise ? :)

I do take that to heart, but also take it offensively. Yes the Lynny was (WAS) made of tape. And yes, I raised funds for the lens to Make It Better. And it was successful at 112% of my funding goal. And I designed the rubber mold which I'll use for the lens instead of tape, and I placed the order 2 nights ago from the factory, and they will begin making it very very soon. So the Lynny will not be made of tape anymore. It will be a professional lens system, not a DIY project, which that is Exactly what it was when it was made of tape. I didn't intend on making it a professional product when it was made of tape. And yes, I actually made sales on it when it was built with tape, and received nothing but nice positive feedback and reviews. Nothing but. And now I am having orders pouring into the website like never before. Yes you can do a :biglaugh and I understand. It's ok. And just for the records. I have already cleared everything with Craig Strong from Lensbaby, and there will be no legal issues, we talked on the phone personally about it. There isn't any issues with that. And KmH, I sent you a PM two times, please respond.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back