Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I got a sliver in my finger from the stair railing in my apartment that is actually kinda painful (never had a sliver that was painful? :scratch: ) I remember hearing some home remedy somewhere about soaking it in something and it helps it work itself out. Anybody know what it is I'm supposed to soak it in? I usually just dig it out with a needle or something, but it's not working this time, and it kinda hurts to do that.

Thanks in advance. :)

Not that it's a crazy home remedy thing, but my wife has told me really warm(hot) water will help.

The old one I know is to put some bacon fat on it overnight but I've had just as good a luck with soaking my finger until it gets all wrinkly. Splinters usually come out really easy then.

Really warm water is the key. You're partially trying to make the sliver swell from the water. If doesn't push it close enough to the surface, numb your finger with ice (or something like ora-jel) before you try digging it out more.

Another trick is to coat the are with a light coating of Elmer's glue. Once it is dry, peel off the glue and the splinter should be gone. But, you have to be able to get to the splinter for that one.

I've dug it enough I can juuuust see the tip, so maybe if I can find some glue I'll try that one. :)

I hear you can wrap it in cheese cloth, soak it in honey for a day, then go find yourself an old tom cat to lick the splinter out. So I hear.;)

Hey, I have some of those biore strips somewhere. Anyway...right after my last post I got a peice of it out by digging/tweezers. There is still a peice in there, and I hoped doing dishes in hot soapy water would help, but it hasn't yet. I did get enough out it doesn't really hurt anymore. Thanks for all the replies. You guys rock. :D

I get loads of splinbters (Slivers for you US folk!)

For the stubborn ones I use a really sharp blade to cut alongside the splinter until I can get underneath it to flick it out but the blade has to be SHARP!

To numb the pain a little you could dip your finger in alcahol first (e.g Vodka!) Sure it stings a bit at first but it soon works!:thumbup:

Take eye of frog, ear of bat and mix with half a cobweb and two spider legs in a chalice full of virgin goat blood. Drink at the witching hour under a full blue moon.

Rob

or soak in warm water

magnesium sulphate paste. No I' don't know either :) but my in laws are pharmacists and they swear by it for drawing out stuff :D

Most reactions

Back