Home Remodeling

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone out there into home remolding? I'm talking about getting you hands dirty kinda remodeling.

Gutted my master bath and started from scratch. Gotta say , it keeps me busy and out of trouble. I love all the tools I "need" to buy.

Remodeling may be a better way to spell it.

I love the sense of accomplishment. Working with your hands, thinking, dreaming, getting the job done. Maybe, it's because this is happening as a hobby, but yet I must work a day job to keep up. I'm either going insane or waking up and loving life and all of it's surprises.

Creating seems to elevate beyond total consumption.

Two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, laundry-room, two decks, converted house from three small bedrooms to two large bedrooms, replaced half the windows (so far)... do all my own electrical, plumbing, etc. I've found the secret is to want to do things, but to KNOW when <task> is NOT one you should take on.

We must constantly feed our fragile ego with manifestations of something that seems better, only to find we always had it.

Two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, laundry-room, two decks, converted house from three small bedrooms to two large bedrooms, replaced half the windows (so far)... do all my own electrical, plumbing, etc. I've found the secret is to want to do things, but to KNOW when <task> is NOT one you should take on.

Wow! Your the guy I need to talk to. I completely agree with the task scenario. I did the entire bathroom, except for popcorn removal in master bedroom and drywall texturing. I did all the framing repair (termites), plumbing, electrical, hung the drywall, float and taped, now working on the walk in shower. The house was built in 85.

A 5 gallon bucket of mud is your friend when it comes to drywall. Also, the texture hides a lot. Bought a drywall hoist and was able to hang the ceiling drywall with just myself. Re-locating the shower drain in a concrete slab was a whole different animal.

Constantly. Built new, remodeled same. Remodeling my remodel. Removing the ceiling texture isn't difficult. I've been remodeling something in one state or another for over 50 years. I've done it all. I'm actually pretty good at some of it. :cool:

A 5 gallon bucket of mud is your friend when it comes to drywall

Not necessarily. Found out the hard way a long time ago, that what goes on in excess, has to come off by sanding. Doing a better job in taping and finish coats means less sanding = happy camper.

Let's see, so far a 600 square foot addition at our old house, an enclosed deck, gutted and remodeled family room and kitchen, built a 24x14 shop. At our new house, 25x30 shop, 1 24x40 equipment barn, one 12x24 storage building, 1 15x35 shed, and 1 16x40 shed, finished out our basement and stairs, with entertaining kitchen, bath, media room, 70'x5' tall stacked block retaining wall, and bunch of smaller stacked block walls. I think I'm about done, though I keep eyeing a glass enclosed addtion over the deck.

I get paid to do it. For the last 30 years I've owed a home improvement company.

A 5 gallon bucket of mud is your friend when it comes to drywall

Not necessarily. Found out the hard way a long time ago, that what goes on in excess, has to come off by sanding. Doing a better job in taping and finish coats means less sanding = happy camper.

Let's see, so far a 600 square foot addition at our old house, an enclosed deck, gutted and remodeled family room and kitchen, built a 24x14 shop. At our new house, 25x30 shop, 1 24x40 equipment barn, one 12x24 storage building, 1 15x35 shed, and 1 16x40 shed, finished out our basement and stairs, with entertaining kitchen, bath, media room, 70'x5' tall stacked block retaining wall, and bunch of smaller stacked block walls. I think I'm about done, though I keep eyeing a glass enclosed addtion over the deck.

That makes sense. I attempted to make up for a drywall installation problem with more mud. Big mistake, way too much sanding.

The real bonus is having a wife who is OK with showering from a garden hose under the porch for 3 weeks.

Most reactions

Back