Home Studio Flash Kit

Kempe Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a home studio flash kit, for example: M Series ULTRA Studio 600

I want to use it for high key portraiture photography. I've been getting the results I want through editing, but takes a little while to get the background nice and white... You can see what I mean at Kempe Photography.

Is the M-Series 600 any good, would it suit my needs? Or would you recommend something else?

I look forward to all your comments..

Thanks for your time.

I know things cost a lot in the UK, but still, 499 Pounds Sterling is a lot of money for two lights of that general power and class, plus a 24x softbox and a brolly....just seems a bit too costly for what it is. I thought Elinchrom's D-Lite sets would be a bit less expensive and actually better over there. I wonder if it'd be possible to buy something like the Adorama FLashPoint monolights from their web site, and save quite a bit of money. I looked at your site, and you don't need much more help to get those kinds of shots--two 300 joule monobliocs owuld be ample.

Ok thanks for your input. That is pretty much the average price for two 300 w with stands, sync cables, background stand, brolly, softbox, reflector.. I didn't' think it was too bad...

But two lights are plenty for high key yea?

Ok thanks for your input. That is pretty much the average price for two 300 w with stands, sync cables, background stand, brolly, softbox, reflector.. I didn't' think it was too bad...

But two lights are plenty for high key yea?

I've never heard of the brand, but I'm a US'er. Here's a kit that Calumet sells with two Genesis 400w/s strobes with 2 stands and 2 umbrellas for 469 UK pounds. I'm just tossing this out there as they use Elinchrom's modifiers, so it gives you a good upgrade path if you choose to do so.

And as far as high key, with a blown out background and bright subjects, that really has to do with light placement. Ideally 3-4 lights would do best. It entirely depends on whether or not you can get your background evenly lit as possible with just one light.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/CF0514K1/

Most reactions

Back