Home studio lighting?

If you are like me and the area you will be shooting in is small make sure you get something with a small guide number, all so pay attention to the temperature your lights put out if you set your white balance to that number your pictures will come out a lot better. distance = GN \ f/ so if you know the max distance from your subject to where your light might be and you know what the smallest f stop will be that should give you an idea on the guide number for the light you buy D X f = GN 12 foot room using f/4 you would not want a bigger guide number then 48. you guys that are old school jump in if I’m wrong oh get a gray card it will make your family happyer they wont have to sit there while you figure the lighting
out.

...you would not want a bigger guide number then 48. you guys that are old school jump in if I’m wrong...

Jumping in...

I wouldn't suggest anything less than 80.

I know just how often you hear about shooting at or near maximum aperture for portraits to afford separation of the subject from the background, but it really isn't a good way to go... at least not as a standard practice. It's best achieved with a longer lens and a deeper setting where you can move your subject away from the background.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back