homeless man

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by JimmyJaceyMom, Apr 30, 2007.

1. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    He looks pretty clean for being homeless. :)

3. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You know what's funny? I thought the same thing when I saw him up close. About his clothes I mean. They were pretty clean and he folded his stuff up so nicely.
    I'm not yet confident enough to take a picture of a stranger while they are looking but I was standing away from him taking pics of my mom and then sneaking some of him. ;)
    We were doign the March of Dimes walk and he was sleeping on this bench on our way through - 3,000 people participated in that walk and he slept through the hwole thing right there on that bench!

4. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't think hes homeless. I think he ****ed off his wife and she kicked him to the curb for a couple of days. :)

5. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wow ... I cant say ****ed?

6. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Nope uyou can't say ****ed.. haha. I went to post a pic under my little league title and it was called James hits ball. If you run it all together it says Jame s h i t s ball. It wont let me post it! hahahaha

Anyhow I'm pretty sure he was homeless. His clothes werent that dirty but he wreaked and his hair was NASTY greasy (caca). And he was way too comfortable sleeping on a bench with 3,000 people walking by. Not to mention when we walked away we rwere the last people and his 'bedroom' became his bathroom! Mom mom was never so sorry to have looked behind her. :lol:

7. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

it's visible that you didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of him. They lack closeness. I mean: it's like you waited for the moment he turned away from you...'click'...and that's it.
    But I know the feeling: I'm no hero either when it comes to taking pics of strangers.

pascal

8. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well you are exactly right! My mother and I actually spotted him on our way past when he was just waking up and when we went back I had my camera ready for the 'sneak attack' LOL.
    He actually had very kind eyes and I dont really think he would have minded me taking a better picture but right now I lack the confidence. I actually got worried that he knew what I was doing because he kept turning around and looking to see us, but it turned out he was simplyu waiting for us to go away so he could pee. hahahaha

9. koda-46

koda-46 TPF Noob!

lol

10. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

You should have hid and waited for that moment, and freak him out while he's at it!

But on the more serious note, I think you need to think about the emotion that you associate with this particular subject/person and try to express that. However, most of the times it comes unexpected.

11. tenaciousdave123

tenaciousdave123 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't get this really. What is the concept behind these shots? I really have a problem with it myself. For one, you took these without his permission. I can understand it if you wanted to show people a side of this lifestyle that might in turn help this man and people like him. but what did you do it for? just to make a spectacle of him?

12. mec621

mec621 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    not the greatest pictures