Homeless Tony

Black_Square

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I've seen Tony a few times around my home city of Bristol. He's what I call an old school type of homeless guy, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs and seems happy with life despite having nothing.

35276891944_55b378f1ec_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I'm always in awe of the texture, tones and detail in your images.

Love the light and the color tones. Something about the eyes looks a little artificial though; if you did any enhancing to them, I would consider pulling the adjustments back a little bit.

Color tones in the image is so good which is enlighting the image in its own way. Great!!

Is this tonemapped?

Love it.
I see he's dressed for the English summer.

On a slight tangent... I wonder what happened to the old style British tramp (hobo)?
When I was a kid we had a guy who called by the house about once a year on his travels around the country. He'd spend a few hours working in the garden in exchange for a meal, a packet of sandwiches and a few shillings or a pair of socks. He would never accept anything if he hadn't earned it and seemed perfectly happy with his lot in life. We kids were fascinated and aspired to be just like him. His name was Mr King but I suspect it was a "nomme de plume" as in "King of the Road." :)

Last edited:
agree with Dan here. The face, especially the eyes, has been too artificially brightened.

Fantastic lighting; great image!

I'm always in awe of the texture, tones and detail in your images.

I'm glad you both like - thanks :)

Love the light and the color tones. Something about the eyes looks a little artificial though; if you did any enhancing to them, I would consider pulling the adjustments back a little bit.

Thanks Dan, I'd left a layer active which was affecting the eyes. It's now switched off!

Color tones in the image is so good which is enlighting the image in its own way. Great!!

Thanks Rosh!

Is this tonemapped?

No tonemapping as it can have a terrible effect on skin tones.

Love it.
I see he's dressed for the English summer.

On a slight tangent... I wonder what happened to the old style British tramp (hobo)?
When I was a kid we had a guy who called by the house about once a year on his travels around the country. He'd spend a few hours working in the garden in exchange for a meal, a packet of sandwiches and a few shillings or a pair of socks. He would never accept anything if he hadn't earned it and seemed perfectly happy with his lot in life. We kids were fascinated and aspired to be just like him. His name was Mr King but I suspect it was a "nomme de plume" as in "King of the Road." :)

I think everybody has known a 'Tony' :)

agree with Dan here. The face, especially the eyes, has been too artificially brightened.

Yeah, I left a layer switched on that was mucking up the eyes. I've since switched it off! I think the face is appropriately lit, for my tastes anyway ;-)

A photograph is worth a thousand words. Well done.

Thanks Gary - much appreciated :)

Time for sandwich and a coffee (which he was grateful for) :)

Fantastic, nominated July POTM.

Really?? - I'm humbled - thanks.

My barber would stab me in the neck if I brought Tony to him...

Yeah, I left a layer switched on that was mucking up the eyes. I've since switched it off! I think the face is appropriately lit, for my tastes anyway ;-)

still looks like two circles around the eye sockets that the exposure was pumped up.

Most reactions

Back