homemade cheap ugly MF camera

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I know film cameras are cheap now but I like to distroy cameras. Kind of getting even for 30 years of distroying me. So this is the latest set of builds.

These are all built on the ansco pioneer camera body. Lense changed and a view/ uncoupled range finder added. Different lenses from a fairly modern x sync speedex to an old kodak bulb and finally to a pinhole. So here you go.
p1_8045.jpg

p4_3393.jpg

Charlie, I love your Frankenstein cameras. I do, however, shudder at the thought of you getting your hands on a Hassy or a Leica!:lol:

In the picture with the water coloe set in the background, is that black rubber bands or electrical tape holding the lens on?

The tape doesn't hold it on, It covers the white plastic water pipe that holds it on. We mustn't have even the possibility that it leaks light. ROFLMAO

The plastic pipe fits close enough that it can be used to telescope in and out to set the infinity focus. The black tape really does cover the white so it doesn't look so bad and also to black out the white simi translucent pipe.

With out black tape photography as we know it could not exist. Well as I know it.

I felt that way too, even the black gaffers tape leaves a terrible sticky residue everywhere if you need to adjust the lens later. And just looks soooo much more professional.

ps there is a special place in heaven for the man who invented plastic electrical tape.

Far from ugly; these look to be only a few steps away from a production model! :)

If the darn thing was 120 instead of 620 I could sell instruction on how to make your own med format for under fifty bucks. Much superior to a holga. Great lens and solid body. Problem is nobody wants to fool with 620 except me.

But these things shoot a massive 6x9 image you don't see that size any more. They can be masked down to anything to 645 so very adaptable. The body loads with an insert on the order of the mamiya 645 except you can buy the whole camera for ten bucks and have a spare body lol.

All you have to do is stalk ebay for a cheap folder to rob the lens from. Lots of them around with a moveable front element. If you go with the agfa speedex you get electronic flash as well. I haven't mounted a flash holder yet but I have the design for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back