hometown

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
still scratchin' that itch- tried to catch my city by sunset, was a little late getting there, so these are darker than i wanted them, but oh well, spring is coming, sun will be setting later... :)
anyway, any suggestions for improvement welcomed.

this one is the city of Hartford. it's the capital city of the state of Connecticut, after which that river in the midground is named.
Connecticut means "long tidal river" in the local Native Indian language.
hartford_sunset_600x480.jpg

again from the east side of the river looking west
hfdsunset2resized.jpg

I agree.. get there sooner and maybe catch a day that has some clouds in the sky? You could get some great shots with the water reflection so maybe a clam day wind wise?

Oooo... Cover your camera and though in some B&W on a rainy day...

Sorry, letting my mind wander to far *yanks leash* "get back here..."

Well, despite your getting there a little late, I still like them, mostly so the first of the two. The second is, indeed, a bit dark, but in the first what fascinates me is the remaining light in the sky. Whether in reality or in a photo: I'm always fascinated by this kind of light when you look west and the day's still there; had you looked east, however, there'd have been all of the night already. To me, your first photo expresses exactly that!

Then, along with the wonderfully deep blue between the top branches, I like that funnily shaped crane and the beacon in that tower! And it was just about light enough for the water of the Connecticut River to catch some of the colour of the sky, bordered by that fence.

Well, it speaks to me, the first one does.

Most reactions

Back