Not open for further replies.

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am getting married and we don't have enough money to take engagement pics, so we figured we would do the next best thing, and get my fiancee's sister to take them for us. That being said, we got some ok pics, but the only thing that I have control over is the post processing... let me know if you would have done anything different!

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the subtle vignette. The only thing I noticed is your (and don't think I'm some 80 year old woman, cause I'm not) posture. Maybe you could find an ametuer photographer to do your shots. Two friends of mine are getting married, and I'm doing their engagement pics for free, just so I can have them in my portfolio and have the practice.

I would put your fiance's hair behind her ear so you could see her face, and the white tee shirt bottom is distracting, if it had been a darker colour I think it would have been better.

Cute pic though, congrats on your engagement.

ok clearly I did not make it clear enough... I can only change the PP work that I did, so please don't comment on posing or the like. If you would change something in PP, let me know.

thank you for the comments.

I like what you have done with it! I would also try black and white :) one this one.

the only thing i can think of is maybe a tighter crop on the face... going landscape with it... i say this because I'm not a huge fan of the body language (arms just hanging down), not sure how that would look though... and like rpetteson said, b&w is always interesting too (to me)

processing wise I like the shot. good colors.

One thought if you want to spend some time on it is to clone out the shadow of your shirt and jacket caused by the on-camera flash. One other thought (for me) might be to lessen the opacity of the vignette a little more.

Overall though, nice Post Processing

what is it with posters here?
Are you paying by the square inch?
post larger pictures so the detail and the sharpness can actually be seen.

I didn't think that was needed... and people complain if you post big pictures... I guess they complain if you post small ones too. They're all on my flickr. If you want to see them in detail, check them out there. Otherwise, comment on what you can see.

Thanks! the important thing is that the lady likes them, and she does, so far. We might have to take a few more though...

I didn't think that was needed... and people complain if you post big pictures... I guess they complain if you post small ones too. They're all on my flickr. If you want to see them in detail, check them out there. Otherwise, comment on what you can see.

No thanks.
Part of commenting on a picture is actually being able to see what is is sharp and what the details look like.
If people complain that pictures 900 w x 600 h are too big, then those aren't people you can expect to get useful comments from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back