Hong Kong Alley

An excellent shot, however it looks like it is missing something. Maybe someone looking out a door or something going on. Dogs playing poker maybe. I don't know- heckuva shot though.

really great shot, definitely something to stare at for a while. The only "issue" i have with HDR in general is the artificial feeling

I love this photo! It's crazy to think there are places that really look like that, wonderful!

I love this shot myself. I take from it the feel of Japanese Anime` such as Ghost in the Shell which was heavily influenced by Blade Runner. I think that the lack of "humanity" if you will in the shot makes you wonder what is going on behind closed doors with all the heavy HVAC units. I personally like the fact that it is missing exactly what we know all the equipment is for. This is a shot to be proud of.

I'll congratulate you on this one also. To me it looks like a very well done 1s person shooting PC game. Like others said, makes you wonder wht's going on... if someone or something will srping forth suddenly.

So, I'm new to the forums but this is one of my first shots using my DSLR and my first try at HDR.

I hate you... please tell me this isnt the first time you've picked up a camera aswell coz then i hate you even more... god damn good photographers...

If you run this shot through the defaults in a photo editor you will discover that it is underexposed which is obvious from the lack of detail towards the left in the shadow area as well as the green which shows up as almost black in this exposure.

If the underexposure is deliberate to create a mood, then it is nevertheless not an appropriate technique. A better approach to creating a feeling of "darkness" is to work selectively with different areas of the image with the emphasis on retaining detail, colour and "punch" while still creating the mood or feeling that you want.

skieur

Most reactions

Back