Hood showing up in the pics.

gendarmee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
deleted

Last edited:
^^^ in other words, could you please post some examples. :)

Sorry, VI... not picking on you, just trying to help. :)

The hood is designed specifically for the lens and should never show in your images. I would think even aftermarket hoods would be the same, but not sure.

[EDIT:]
can't see images ATM..... work computer.... :grumpy:

Looks like you just have the wrong sized lens hood?

I don't see the white patch you are referring to with the hood off?

the filter has 58mm thread, so bought the 400D's hood.
The glare patch showed up in the bright sun at the beach, i just snapped both of these pics.

the 400D doesn't have a hood, the lenses have a hood. Each hood is different for each lens. What lens are you using and what's the model/product number on the hood?

I read that 400D has 58mm thread so i asked for a 400d's hood and got this.
As VI said...those SLR cameras don't have hoods or filter threads...the lenses do.

And just because a hood fits (58mm) does not mean that it will work properly. If the lens has a field of view that is wider than the hood opening, then you will have the problem that we are seeing here.

Also, adding to the problem is all the stuff you have stacked onto the lens. "conversion lense adapter + 58mm CPL + 58mm 400D's hood". The further out the accessories and hood are, the more likely they are to get into the field of view.

I'd suggest looking for a wider lens hood but if you can't find one, then just shade the lens with something (you hand, a hat etc) when shooting into the sun light where flare is likely to occur.

Last edited:
yes, of course the lense would have the hood, not the body...

I'm not all that ambidextrous... so, Using a slightly larger hood, with adapter rings if needed would do the job. Thanks.

But the "kit" lens doesn't always come with the 400D or people sell other lenses with it. That's why whoever sold you the hood, didn't know what they were doing or just wanted to make money off of you.

The problem with a bigger lens hood, is that it might not effectively block the light from hitting the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back