Hoover Dam Panorama

travelerb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got back from my quick trip to Arizona, and with a new lens rental thanks to everyone's suggestions a few weeks back. I'm working on getting some of the better photos up, but for now here's a nice little panoramic of the Hoover Dam I stitched together. Full size is 7000x3300. C&C is appreciated, though I think it needs to be brighter all around (the shadow is a little tough to fix). Getting all my monitors calibrated would help too...

Lots from the Grand Canyon soon I hope. I have several panoramas from there I need to finish up, but unfortunately the biggest one is pretty significantly underexposed except along the horizon (it was at sunset), so I'm having a rough time with PP to get it to look right).

Last edited:
Great concept! Very different and excellent work.

I've shot the place many times, top, bottom and inside and never even thought of trying something like that.

Thanks abraxas!

I did my best to fix the darkening problems and lightened up the shadows a bit and replaced the photo in the original post above, so everyone feel free to rip it apart ;)

This is an excellent shot!

Great shot.

I love how the curve of the dam tricks the eye into thinking it's a single fisheye shot, but there's no other distortion.

I'd love to see that for myself!

The Hoover dam is probably one of the best attractions I have ever been to. The colors, textures, and scale is fantastic. I like this shot though the shadow cast across the canyon is probably the only negative I have but you have not lost any detail in the darker areas, so good job. Im hoping to visit it again in January.

The hoover dam is a bear with the shadows and wicked contrast.

Neat shot.

Great shot(s). That is one very saturated sky, but if that's the look you're going for then that's fine.

awesome panorama....I hope to visit there one day and maybe get a few panorama shot around the area too.....

BTW, it's important to keep in mind, that while on the Dam tour, you can take all the Dam pictures you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back