Hope

momof3girls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any C&C is appreciated..I wish I could have gotten better catch lights in the first one. The 2nd sorta looks like vignetting...but that is how it came out of the camera...I sorta like it. What do you think?

DSC_37462-1.jpg

DSC_3871-1.jpg

Nice, but given the child's skin tone and lightness of her hair, I would suggest that black and white isn't the best alternative. I'd like to see #1 in colour, and perhaps a little more of her face. #2 is pretty much perfect as-is.

Thanks for commenting! I'm pretty sure I took the 1st in b&w...I won't do that again. I will try to get some more in a few months. She hates having her picture taken...

One question...with the pose in #2, how can you keep the legs (since they are closest to the camera) from looking enormous? I took alot of shots in that pose but only 2 or 3 actually looked right. Should I back up and then do a closer crop?

1) perhaps you could increase the contrast but my issue with it is that she looks a little cross eyed in it. It is fine if she is, but not the look you would aim for if not. Either way, the angle isnt especially flattering. I dont mind her in B&W, but if you shoot in color you end up with many more options for the photo. And B&W conversion is fun

2) Someone could answer better, but I think if you use a longer focal length, you wont get that distortion. Please dont go on me, but I think thats what it is. What are you shooting with? With her coloring (she is adorable!), have you considered shooting in filtered light outdoors? The background colors are distracting, she doesnt really pop like she should. Also because she is looking away and you dont see her face, you arent really connecting with her. To me, this one would be a reject (not to say you should toss it, but for me, it isnt doing much for me)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back