hornets- part deux

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Against Dew's sage advice I did get the ladder out (more nads than brains, eh Dew?) and grabbed a couple of shots to share.

So, there I was, one foot on the ladder, one foot on the brick facia on the front of the house and the tripod flattened against the siding. Balance, check focus, balance, wait for the buggers to look at the camera, balance, snap the shot. Worked okay I guess. :wink:

These are from around 6 inches or so. And like the one yesterday, they're cropped from the original. They were pretty tame. It was only around 50 degrees or so, andn they were'nt too active yet. Except when I wasn't paying attention and breathed on them. Pissed them off for some reason. :lol:

hive02.jpg

hive03.jpg

Apologies to those creeped out by bugs.

Jim

I don't LIKE 'em, but I'm not creeped out by 'em.... :)

These are really good - briar sharp!! Next time, flip the upside-down ones so maybe we WILL get creeped out. :wink:

Good work - a harrowing mission well done!

Won't need any spray, the cold'll get 'em soon anyway & I'll snag the nest then.

Until then they're always there to take pics of. :wink:

Jim

sorry jim, i stopped at creepiness....

Great pics though buddy!!

md

photobug said:
It was only around 50 degrees or so, andn they were'nt too active yet. Except when I wasn't paying attention and breathed on them. Pissed them off for some reason. :lol:

That's their defense mechanism they detect the CO2 in your breath and go into attack mode. Fortunatly they get over it alot quicker than the africanized honey bees (killer bees)

Steve

Great pics from a brave man!
For reference, those yellow jackets can sting repeatedly because there's no barb on their sting unlike a bee which gets one round off and then they die!
Just something to remember Jim.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back