Horse C&C

kelli_anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4687475034_8e9e5e10d3.jpg

I really love the lighting, but I know that it is blown out in areas. Any other thoughts??

I like the portrait, but I agree the whites are blown-out and that hurts it. I'm also not wild about the vignetting, but that's me.

In addition to Ian's comments, I'll add that portraits of anyone or anything are usually best in a 3/4 profile rather than head on; this is especially true for animals with long muzzles.

I do find the throw of the depth in this shot interesting - the way that the background legs and body are shown lets them be part of the shot without distractingfrom the main subject.
Sadly I have to agree that blaze being overexposed just distracts far too much. Brightpoints in a shot generally attract our eyes attention, and when that point is the key focus of the shot as well its highly important that we capture them spot on for the shot - the lack of details is just not working :(

Also if you want some creativy horsy ideas I suggest having a look at some of Raphael's recent work over on flickr
Flickr: Raphael Macek's Photostream

Most reactions

Back