Horse In a Field of corse

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK Let the good times roll, how bad is it.
Horseface3Medium.jpg

Its a one eyed horse!!!! :) Well I love horse photos but this one is just a little too close.

I think since it is already close, I would crop it even tighter and put the eye on the right side of the picture. Any closer and it could have been a self portrait. Cosmo

yea, i think it's too tight of a shot... you can tell it's a horse, but it's not immediately obvious. if you had got the ears, or perhaps a nose or mouth, it would be a nicer photo.

unless you're shooting an abstract, people should know what they're looking at instantly, or at least have an idea.

in terms of self portrait comment, they're saying you can see your reflection in the eye of the horse, not that you look like a horse... although perhaps you do :) hehe...

I know it takes all kind but do you really think someone would not be able to identify the horse? It could be mistaken for a democrate I guess. As I look through all the images here I realize that if it was a Goth horse it would have been the best picture in the world. Uless you are in a shell in the suburbs, the close up fresh smell and gentile nature of an animal with such power should apeal to the imagination. Many a horse has served as building tools, trasportation and product transport for our great country. Storn (the horse) is now just a pet for man, his time of great need is over.

I know it takes all kind but do you really think someone would not be able to identify the horse? It could be mistaken for a democrate I guess. As I look through all the images here I realize that if it was a Goth horse it would have been the best picture in the world. Uless you are in a shell in the suburbs, the close up fresh smell and gentile nature of an animal with such power should apeal to the imagination. Many a horse has served as building tools, trasportation and product transport for our great country. Storn (the horse) is now just a pet for man, his time of great need is over.

LOL that's quite a dissertation on the history of the horse.

The thing to keep in mind here is not everyone shares your interest or knowledge of horses. You know the history and importance of this horse ... but all of us just see this one image and that's all we have to form an impression. You'll get people looking at this that don't give a rat's ass about horses and are strictly looking at it for it's artistic / photographic merit.

I see what the other poster is saying about not readily seeing that it's a horse. I mean, yeah you can tell but there are a lot of reference points that are missing (ears, body, mouth, etc) that make the image feel incomplete.

Maybe to illustrate what I'm saying, think of a picture of a boat sitting on a road. That shot might almost look humorous but if the photographer zooms out a bit and shows a house next to the boat that was destroyed from a storm... the picture has a COMPLETELY different impact. Same idea here... if you want to make the subject horse... make it the horse and not the horse's eye by including other reference points to build the context of the shot.

And really I think that's the only thing this shot is missing. If you zoomed out and included the entire horse in focus and in the frame it'd look really good.

I like the shot. The focus/bokeh and the exposure rocks But the tight crop destroys what could have been an incredible 'triangular' composition. However, don't toss it--its a keeper.

Most reactions

Back