Horse Show!

tpimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

I'm new to the form, and would love some criticism on a few photos that i personally love but would like a fellow photog's opinion on.

Thank you in advance!

finished-3036.jpg

finished-2009.jpg

The photos were taken with a Canon 40d with a 70 - 200 f2.8 is L lens

Welcome to the forum!!!

I like the first photo, great action shot! I would've added a tighter crop and fixed the horizon is all. Good exposure!

the second has some exposure issues...a little over exposed

Dont' like the first one at all. I assume the horse is about to jump but they both look in an awkward position (the horse and rider.) If you were on the other side of the fence and got the horse and rider as they were over the jump or even coming down, it might be better

The second one is ok composition wise but as stated, way overexposed.

^ Looks like a refusal, so I don't think there was an "over the jump" :p

^ Looks like a refusal, so I don't think there was an "over the jump" :p

yeah, they went completely through the jump. :p

you sound like someone from the horsey world :p

Photo 1: Straighten the horizon. If you can re-shoot, wait until the horse is more in the air. Here, it seems like he is actually breaking - not wanting to jump.

Photo 2: Over exposed, but good composition with road trailing up and behind.

With the first picture that is basically all that was happening he wasn't going over the fence. He made up his mind already. The rest of that sequence is him going through the fence.

i don't mean to come off rude in anyway shape or form. But in that photo he wasn't going over the fence. Which is why i took it. I take photos of perfect horses jumping square all day long. That was a change to me.

Here is a edited version of the #2

contest-2009.jpg

Now that i have played with the exposure i like the look much better

Hehe, yeah. I'm from the horse world too!

I think your edit is great. Only thing is maybe you could lighten the face (of the rider) just a bit.

Most reactions

Back