Horses at dusk

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not too sure about this one. Originally I was going going for a silhoutte but bracket a little bit anywaywhen I took the shot. When I finally got around to looking at them in PS (yesterday :oops: ) I realized that I would have been much better off trying to get a slightly different angle to show the side light a little more. As it is I did a little work on the curves and such but I think it is still a little too dark and the fence kinda bothers me now. What do you think?

horse3050.jpg

I looooove that sky! It's gorgeous. But I think I'd have to agree with you on a different angle. And maybe just one type of fence - the wooden one. You've got that ugly metal fence there too. :-( I really like that wooden fence.
And maybe also just one horse. The other horse isn't really doing much. Can you make the righthand horse a bit lighter at all? he's very dark on my monitor.

I think the juxtaposition (25 cent word of the day!) of the horses head and then the horses body is interesting. The magic light is very fitting. I have a problem with the "bald sky".

Horses are fascinating creatures. I am planning a photo essay of horses and team penning so my crit may be a little biased.

oooo I love the horses' silhouettes!!!! amazing colors!

I think this is a fantastic photo. I like the angle of the photo as the fence give depth. I think the sky looks great, I do not think there always has to be clouds and if there were it would draw the eyes away from the subject. There is just enough light to give the horse detail along with a bit of sidelighting. The horse looking away from the camera to right sight makes it somewhat different and works here. Really like the glow from the sun on the left horse. Hidding the sun behind the fence was a smart move.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back