Horses on a rainy day

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm quite new to photography (and newish here aswell !) and would like to share a picture i took today for heavy critique if possible ! I can handle it, and it's the only way to learn :)

There's something about the picture which i like, i don't know if anyone else feels the same way ? Or maybe it doesn't work at all !

DSC_3742c.jpg

I just wish the grass at the bottom right wasn't there obscuring the legs ! (i didn't take enough time composing the shot clearly)

Nice choice for a black and white..
I like the crop but its a bit tight on the right, the horse thats eating is too cramped for my tastes.

i think you like the fact that it is a beautiful capture.
my only critique is the legs (ctualy thought that before i just read your bottom :) )

things i like - you have the horses attention
composition is nicely done
exposure seems spot on

things that bug me - legs cut off, such nice animals dont deserve to be decapitated (including the horses head)

seems as if the image slants?

great job though!
also im a beginner so take this with as much weight was you want

just MHO

Wow, thank you for the quick replys.

DRodgers, i see what you mean about the crop. I agree, and can thankfully fix it as the original is a looser crop.

Thanks Stranger. Yes the horses were quite petrified, and so didn't take their eyes off me !

I was just thinking it looks 'slanty'. This is partially due to the field 'horizon' being slightly slanted compared to where i was standing, but i do believe it was slightly tilted on top of this ! I really must take more care composing ! :x:)

its an easy photoshop fix man, dont worry about it

I disagree with everyone else. I like that the legs and head are somewhat hidden, to me it adds interest. I think the photo would be somewhat boring if all the hirses were in the open and looking right at you. This is a beutiful B&W conversion. Exposure is perfect and I also don't mind the tight crop but I can see why they mentioned it. GREAT SHOT

Omgosh! :) I love this so much. It's such a beautiful shot. Gah, horses are so amazing. I think it's wonderful how it is. The only thing, in my opinion, that would've looked better is if the gras son the right was a big shorter. But I like it there. :)

Lovely shot. The toning and the composition are both perfect, and the rain definitely adds to it.
Do you have the photo in color, though? The surrounding grass and those horses just scream color to me.

I think its a darned good shot as is.
The ground where the horses and the horses themselves are 'on the level". All horizons aren't "horizontal".

The photo is typical of what horses look like. The guy in the back is less curious and more hungry.

I kind of like the 'creamy' greys that show through.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back