Horseshoe Bend - Colorado River near Lake Powell

Uncle Rico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of the most stunning sights to behold near the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell. Standing on top of a several hundred foot cliff with no guard rail you peer over the edge of this natural wonder. I'm open to comments / suggestions. This is my 1st post (hopefully the links work)

2009%2005%2014_6357%20Crop%202.jpg

2009%2005%2014_6359%20crop.jpg

Horseshoe-Bend.jpg

Last edited:
One of the problems of taking pictures at famous spots is that it's waaay too easy for us to try & compare them to the "pro" shots we've seen of the same spot.
Your pictures look "OK" to me - the most interesting one is the last, which is different from the norm, and the tiny boat takes a sec to jump up at you..:)

The second one, of course, goes into the "see, I really was there" snapshot book..:)

Hartley

Nice shot... I hope that you took many while you were there..........:thumbup:

Using a ulra-wide introduces distortion along the horizon... many post software will have a method to straighten that out some...

I enjoy going to famous spots and taking the "traditional" shots... There is a reason why those shots are taken...it's spectacular..

I have no issues with hanging a shot on my wall of a traditional view that I took myself............ keep it up............:D

(now, I might not have posted one with my shadow in it..........:sexywink: )

Nice shot... I hope that you took many while you were there..........:thumbup:

Using a ulra-wide introduces distortion along the horizon... many post software will have a method to straighten that out some...

I enjoy going to famous spots and taking the "traditional" shots... There is a reason why those shots are taken...it's spectacular..

I have no issues with hanging a shot on my wall of a traditional view that I took myself............ keep it up............:D

(now, I might not have posted one with my shadow in it..........:sexywink: )

Thanks for the feedback. You're right...you can enjoy your own photo of a landmark that's been captured a million times. I included the shadow image for fun - you can see I was standing a few feet from huge cliff (there wasn't a shadow when I was laying down peering over the edge of the chasm!)

I would have been hanging off he cliff. ....Makes it different! But that is just me. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back