Horseshoe Bend - Colorado River near Lake Powell

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Uncle Rico, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    One of the most stunning sights to behold near the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell. Standing on top of a several hundred foot cliff with no guard rail you peer over the edge of this natural wonder. I'm open to comments / suggestions. This is my 1st post (hopefully the links work)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. Hartley

Hartley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    One of the problems of taking pictures at famous spots is that it's waaay too easy for us to try & compare them to the "pro" shots we've seen of the same spot.
    Your pictures look "OK" to me - the most interesting one is the last, which is different from the norm, and the tiny boat takes a sec to jump up at you..:)

The second one, of course, goes into the "see, I really was there" snapshot book..:)

Hartley

3. LarryD

LarryD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice shot... I hope that you took many while you were there..........:thumbup:

Using a ulra-wide introduces distortion along the horizon... many post software will have a method to straighten that out some...

I enjoy going to famous spots and taking the "traditional" shots... There is a reason why those shots are taken...it's spectacular..

I have no issues with hanging a shot on my wall of a traditional view that I took myself............ keep it up............:D

(now, I might not have posted one with my shadow in it..........:sexywink: )

4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the feedback. You're right...you can enjoy your own photo of a landmark that's been captured a million times. I included the shadow image for fun - you can see I was standing a few feet from huge cliff (there wasn't a shadow when I was laying down peering over the edge of the chasm!)

5. Sachphotography

Sachphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would have been hanging off he cliff. ....Makes it different! But that is just me. :)