snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been with Lunarpages for over 10 years. Just personal sites, forums, etc. Nothing big or bandwidth-intensive. Actually, I use it mainly for play! But lately, they're getting bad on support. I've heard they didn't invest in infrastructure and in-house solutions, and are still using other hosting providers. So, who are you using? I'm looking at Bluehost at the moment. I'm sure I won't spend over $3.95 month for unlimited (yeah, I know none truly are) space and bandwidth, add-on and sub-domains, etc. Tell me who you're using and how happy you are with them!

I've been using Smugmug since 2005. I am very pleased with their service. Their site is rarely down, family-owned, easy to get a human on the phone when needed. Years ago, on their forum I noticed a guy was asking for help to design a photo montage. As the story unfolded, his youngest client, an 11 y/o was killed in a car accident. He had never made a montage before and needed help so a poster could be used at the funeral. Smugmug asked forum members for help and put their own staff on the job. Smugmug, along with forum members, came up with a number of designs. Smugmug printed the posters, many were quite large 3'x4' and overnighted them from California to Georgia in time for the funeral. All on Smugmug's nickel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back