Hot Air Balloons

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend wrapped up the Highlands Festival with the Balloon Chase. I chose to leave the 50mm home and just take a zoom lens, which I kind of regret, but you get what ya get. It really hurt me on this panorama which I think would've turned out wonderfully. Oh well, they do it every year. Anyway, thought I'd post a couple here.

misc098a.jpg

panorama1.jpg

Reflection in the skummy pond:
IMGP1240a.jpg

Kudos to my buddy for noticing the reflection in the pond to start with.

Wow! These are great pictures! The first one stands out to me for its great colours and the position of the different baloons, it looks like the top one is squeezed in...
The second one is great too, I really like the way you chose to frame it!

nice shots... they used to have one here every year, but i haven't seen them in a long time... looks like fun. :thumbup:

LOVELY colours in the first. Now THAT is what I think hot air balloon pics should look like! Wonderfully captured.

And yes, yes, yes: Kudos to your friend for spotting that reflection for you! Well done!!! Lovely light, beautiful sky as the perfect backdrop to all those colours, too. Can you post more?

i love #1 the colours are really nice, well captured. I like the way the ballon is setting off from the back of that truck in #2

Ohhh, I really like these. Seeing a balloon festival is on my list of 'some day I'd like to do this' - the colours must be amazing, and what a photo op. Thanks for sharing these.

(JTH - Arizona's balloon festival was world renowned. I can't believe they haven't had it lately!)

These are all wonderful - you did a very nice job with the lens you had on hand. :thumbup:

Love the reflection shot. Nice stuff!

Ah, didn't I just KNOW you would have more, and more equally nice ones?
Thanks for posting more, I like the added ones as much as I liked the first three.
Hot air balloon festivals are also usually just a festival of colours - AND of interesting activities such as the one depicted in your first pic of the second set. I really like that one for the "view inside" that we get.

Ah, and the one after that: a calendar poster classic!

But I also like the man and his dogs.

I like them ALL! :D

amazing photos! i love the reflection in the water! And I do like what you did in the 2nd picture - I mean the crop! It would look wonderful on the wall!

These are lovely. I always get really excited when I spot a hot air balloon in flight, so to see all these would make my year!

Most reactions

Back