Hot-Shoe Flash w/ AC Adapter?

Neuner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like to stay mobile and utilize a hot-shoe flash with remote trigger for portraits. If the situation allows for it, it would be great to be able to have AC power for the flash instead of worrying about batteries. Does anyone know of a battery op flash that can also be utilized with some sort of AC adapter?

Thanks!

I agree, you aren't really going to be too mobile if you are plugged into AC power.

I've used the Quantum (turbo) batteries and they do give you faster recycles and more flashes.

Thanks, I also see that the Sunpak 383, which I might prefer since it has a swivel head, may have an AC adapter. Know what it may be called? Not having any luck searching for it except people saying that it does accept it.

I have an ac adapter with my Vivitar 283

Thanks, I also see that the Sunpak 383, which I might prefer since it has a swivel head, may have an AC adapter. Know what it may be called? Not having any luck searching for it except people saying that it does accept it.
The venerable Sunpak 383 competed with Vivitar's 283. Both have been discontinued for years. Even if you find one on eBay, I'd have to wonder at its age.

Dang it. Was wanting the 285HV but with a swivel head. What's the next best?

There must be some hot-shoe adapter available that will allow a flash to swivel. They certainly make them to put your flash on a light-stand and I'll bet there's one that will allow it to mount on your flash bracket

EDIT: Swivel Hot Shoe Folding Adjustable Flash Bracket (No15)

I have the Vivitar 285HV and the AC adapter. It really cut down the recycle time!

Seriously...look into a Quantum Battery, like the Quantum Battery 1, which will allow you to power two flashes, since it has two power outlets, and is relatively small. In the mid-1980's, I put together my first portable flash + umbrella kit,and I bought Vivitar 285 AC adapters, thinking along the lines you are. Those adapters are now 27 years old,and are 1-use, in the box,somewhere in the house, and not missed a bit. The Quantum Turbo I bought died around 1991. The Quantum Battery 1 though is STILL WORKING, on its original cells!!!!

Most reactions

Back