Hotel Flower Studio

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All shot with XT2. 60mm Macro @ISO 200, and remote. Cost me $5.00 to subside boredom. Newspaper reflector, room light mixed with window light. I chose to go with the smaller aperture to compensate for the insanely sharp draw of the 60mm macro at f/8. I like the softness a little better stopped down.

1. Fall Chrysanthemum; 0.4s @f/10 . Walls were a forest green color so it worked out OK
DSCF1707E .jpg

2. Yellow Carnation; 0.3s @f/16
DSCF1713E .jpg

3. Purple & Yellow Carnation; 0.5s @f/16
DSCF1722E .jpg

4. Fire Rose; 1.4s @f/16
DSCF1725E .jpg

Last edited:
JC you have really become adept at drawing much from little. Nice.

JC you have really become adept at drawing much from little. Nice.

Thanks bud. All I needed to do was pull the big mirror off the wall, pull the desk out from the wall, open up the drapes, and stretch my arm out with newspaper. Pretty easy. I was glad the walls were that forest green, made for a nice backdrop. Oh, I made a siphon gun out of a straw. Cut it in half, made a tape hinge, stuck one end in water, and blew out the other end, got dizzy. I McGyvered that ****.

Cut it in half, made a tape hinge, stuck one end in water, and blew out the other end, got dizzy.

Might want to stay off balconies when doing this :allteeth:

Everything is beautiful, especially the rose. You should be proud!

Thanks Dean, that means a lot coming from you. I am proud of this set because I can do it. This forum has made it possible for me to produce an image under minor constraints. Gary A is always watching, so I flag his instruction.

I want to say something smart and funny, but can't. For limited resources and location. These are beyond excellent!

Good thing housekeeping didn't come in while you were 'redecorating'!

I particularly like the single chrysanthemum and the rose. Beautifully done.

Gary must have some awfully long binoculars.

Good thing housekeeping didn't come in while you were 'redecorating'!

I particularly like the single chrysanthemum and the rose. Beautifully done.

Gary must have some awfully long binoculars.

Thanks. He is always there in spirit. Lol.

I want to say something smart and funny, but can't. For limited resources and location. These are beyond excellent!

Thanks, Bring it on! Lol
More to the point of being speachless in the shots for the conditions you did them in. To the detrement of all the gear sellers. Your shots are proof you don't need 10k in gear to get excellent results!!!

Thanks, Bring it on! Lol
More to the point of being speachless in the shots for the conditions you did them in. To the detrement of all the gear sellers. Your shots are proof you don't need 10k in gear to get excellent results!!!

That is a significant compliment, thank you very much. I do try hard to get it right in camera which is why these somewhat, boring images, work on some level. They are not SOOC but pretty close, I spent about a minute or two on each one in post. natural light is such a dream to work with. I can now literally look at a window and see what is available to my camera, or at least with flowers. I want to start getting more involved with natural light people photography but finding the models can be a challenge. I seen a couple people at the hotel that would have been good subject but it is not a good ethical decision to direct that. I have no business being alone with a female as I am married.

Thanks, Bring it on! Lol

That is a significant compliment, thank you very much. I do try hard to get it right in camera which is why these somewhat, boring images, work on some level. They are not SOOC but pretty close, I spent about a minute or two on each one in post. natural light is such a dream to work with. I can now literally look at a window and see what is available to my camera, or at least with flowers. I want to start getting more involved with natural light people photography but finding the models can be a challenge. I seen a couple people at the hotel that would have been good subject but it is not a good ethical decision to direct that. I have no business being alone with a female as I am married.
I take it your wife reads this forum? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back