House Cemetary For C&C

One Sister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lower ninth, New Orleans.

houseCemetary.jpg

Wow......Great capture.....such a sad day in america.

Powerful

Love the "frame"

Thanks for viewing and for all your comments. I wondered about the frame, JimmyO, but in this case, I thought it worked too. Thanks again.

Anyone else?

Just a thought: Given the name of the thread, I would have liked to see the statue of Mary (at least I think that's her) included in the composition more.

Just a thought: Given the name of the thread, I would have liked to see the statue of Mary (at least I think that's her) included in the composition more.

Yeah, in a perfect world Mary would have been looking at me. Alas, she was faced the other way. I did shoot some from the front and the statue was visible but the images just weren't as powerful as this one because of what's behind these lots.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

I really like this image, but don't particularly like the frame (just preference i guess)

Although, if you hadn't said it was new orleans, I dont' think this image would have stood out to me.

I think the mood of the sky in the outer frame could be matched in the inner frame for more drama.

I really like this image, but don't particularly like the frame (just preference i guess)

I do think the frame is going to be a personal preference...I kinda like it in this instance.

Although, if you hadn't said it was new orleans, I dont' think this image would have stood out to me.

I think the mood of the sky in the outer frame could be matched in the inner frame for more drama.

It's true that this photo does not scream N.O. unless you've been here, but I saw some powerful moodiness that transcended our personal tragedy, even if you couldn't make out the statue. It does not say "tragedy" per se, but for me it speaks about the American condition of decay.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Most reactions

Back