House Finch

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this on a thread in another part of the forum talking about the lens, the Sigma BigMa 50-500... I thought I would share it here as well.

I popped it a bit with the sharpness (24,5,4 in Capture NX) this is at 500mm handheld, EXIF: 1/800s f/13.0 ISO1600

vfinch.jpg

By the way I do not recommend shooting this lens at over 300mm handheld... I just don't own a tripod... they cramp my style.

Lovely composition, with the bird perched in the centre of the forked branch and turned towards you. The branch almost looks like it's a watercolour painting. A really nice shot, and I'm amazed you could get that result with handholding it at 500mm - all that practice, obviously.

As always, I look forward to your next post.

I too am amzed at the fact that this was shot handheld at 500mm. I dont think i could hold that lens up let alone take a picture anywhere near what someone would call sharp. Im also amazed that a lens with that range can produce pictures as well. Ive considered this lens but i really dont have a use for it.....besides spying on people, haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back