TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Pentax K20D and Sigma 10-20mm

What version is the best? 1 or 2?

1:
332nl95.jpg

2:
219qgpj.jpg

The first feels more "horrible" to me ... that is not to say your PHOTO is horrible, but ... you KNOW ... even though the colour temperature in the first is warmer than in the second. Somehow the light in the sky, on the ground, on the side of the house ... all feels more eerie. Strange, you would think colder colours might do that but I personally feel the first is more "horrible".

I agree with both of the previous posters. I think it's because the second one seems to withdraw visually. It appears almost to be hiding behind a 'veil' of sorts due to its color temp and less vibrant contrast.

The first seems to be approaching the viewer rather than withdrawing.

Does that even make any sense at all?

Ohh thats a tough one, both are pretty creepy. I have to agree with the others, #1 is the more horror. The second has a very cold eeriness about it, tho.

The first seems to be approaching the viewer rather than withdrawing.

Does that even make any sense at all?

To me it makes a lot of sense, John, since, yes!, I was feeling the same. But I didn't have the words to express myself, but you did! Thank you :D!

I like the first one better. Somehow the duller colors on the second makes the view less 'awe-inspiring' if you know what I mean. The first one looks big, plus has a relatively more 'wow' factor.

#1 for me. What a beautiful place tho. Wow.

Definetely ONE. Lot warmer in a 'horrible' type of way.

#2 for me. Has more of a sharper but darker look to it. It maybe a bit darker (I mean saturation wise), but the first to me is a bit bright...I dunno.

On a side note: I'd be inside there sooo fast!! Looks like an awesome explore. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back