household injury

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Darfion, Feb 21, 2004.

?

What's the most painfull household injury you've had?

1. Stubing toe on the bedpost

63.6%
  2. Banging your coxix (monkeytail bone) in the bath

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Standing on an upturned plug

18.2%
  4. Tripping on shoes left on the stairs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tin foil on your fillings

9.1%
  6. MacDonalds apple pie on roof of mouth

9.1%
  1. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So what is it? Mine's definately the upturned plug :?

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :D Darfion, I like this poll :D

Seems like a very recent experience has made you put it up, hm?
    Do tell!

I voted for the toe against bedpost, though my worst experience in that field did not even happen at home, and the toe-against-something accidents in the house used to happen in the bathroom with the toe-against-bathtub-variation of the accident.

But I fractured (!) my next-to-the-pinky toe by running barefoot against a wooden garden chair and - ouch!

I love the "McD Apple Pie against roof of mouth"-accident idea :lol:
    Haven't we all had that experience at least once in our lives???

3. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

buhhhhhhh, pizza at the roof of the mouth .. hurts for a few days :? .. but i've been a victim of the upturned plug and hitting the toe on bedpost and doorframe .... can u say ((((((OUCH!!)))) :shock:

4. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    I've actually done all of these. :roll: I went through my clumsy stage for about a month. Got to the point where i was too scared to go out in case i got run-over. This isn't the reason why i posted this though. I don't have a reason, just thought of it.

5. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    Am i the only person to bang their monkeytail bone then? :?

6. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

wheres the option for electrocuting yourself...

:oops:

md

7. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    Ohhh! B(!!*"!**)*'s i forgot about that one. Getting a belt out of a washing machine was one of the strongest shocks that i've ever had. Threw me accross the room it did. had a "dead arm" for days after

8. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

ive been blown backwards and almost blinded....any of that count?

darf you would understand the blindness thing, i got welders flash really bad, i was sightless for 4 days...ouch..

md

9. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    Don't mention "welders flash" not had one for a few years but I know it's bloody painfull. Feels like you've got a bucket of course sand being constantly tipped into your eyes. Not nice.

10. james m

james m TPF Noob!

I voted for stubbing toes on bed post / cupboards / chairs and so on, done that a few times.

Not on the list but mine would be spilling a electric jug of boiled water over my arm when I about 6.

The water had been boiled a short time before and I decided to make brekky for my parents. Couldn't reach the jug to make their tea so pulled cord of the jug to move it closer and wore most of it over my right arm. The injury took a while to heal but no scars today from it.

At my 8th birthday party I was wondering what it would be like to eat glass, fell off a chair while drinking and bit a huge chunk out of the glass and cut all the inside of my mouth.

or the time I fell over in the backyard and my hand came down on a piece of wood with 2 6in nails that went thru my hand.

shall I go on .....

11. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

My home accidents have been relatively mild consisting mostly of stubbed toes, banged elbows etc. but I remember pulling the plug from a radio once and holding a hand full of fire as the power cord came apart and shorted out but even that was fairly mild.
    Had some interesting burns as a kid from my experiments with home brewed fireworks and explosives but again nothing serious.
    I can feel great sympathy for you guys that experienced "arc eyes", do you still use the old tea bag trick or is there something better available nowadays?
    I've had to wear glasses since I was in my late teens so I've never experienced it but I've seen plenty of guys who have and it doesn't appear pleasant.

12. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

welders flash hits you in a delayed way. you dont nitoce it until hours later. I had to be rushed to the emergency room for an eye scan thingie. she said i had cooked my eye clear back to the back of my inner eye. could have lost it permantley that day.

md