How about this King of the Jungle?

Parrotrosie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I so enjoyed all the edits of my daughter's skate photo...I thought I might pull some shots from my old sony cybershot for playing with. Nature and macro are my favorite things. I shot this at the Philadelphia Zoo before the rehab and now all the cats are behind glass or fencing....can't get any good shots any more. I am posting the original un-processed original and my very first attempt (from what I gleaned from you wise folks) at post processing. Feel free to critique and have your own fun with the pics!:mrgreen:

1 Original shot
LionOriginal.jpg

2 Processed....what do you all think? too much? not enough?

Lionpostprocessed.jpg

Here's my try. I also removed the other lion in the background.

LionOriginaledit.jpg

Parrotrosie, as to your own edition ... I like how you worked on the colours, but I feel you overdid the sharpening just a tad, your edit is now "moving" in front of my eye (sort of, you know, seems to be doing teensy-weensy pulsations, don't know if others know that effect to their own eyes with oversharpened photos ... and I don't know a better way to express myself and describe the sensation).

Lol...I agree its overdone. I used the Unsharp mask tool. It's hard to tell while you are working...but as soon as I saw it side by side to the original I thought.....nope...too much...Thanks for the honesty:hug::

I think I overdid the colors as well....

I was afraid to go for the removal of the female lion this time around...nice job on that LaFoto!

I guess I went too much for 'pretty colors' and really should have been shooting for 'getting the greytones out'

Well, so long as you are all willing I have quite a few from my point and shoot I would like to play with to learn this post processing skill. I have a cannon 20d waiting for me to figure it out....I can't wait :lol:

Pssst. You must say thanks to MelodySoul for the cloning job, i.e. taking the lioness out of the picture. :D

Pssst. You must say thanks to MelodySoul for the cloning job, i.e. taking the lioness out of the picture. :D

D'OH! Thanks Melody! My Bad! Thanks to Melody for removing the lioness and thanks to LaFoto for the kind and honest comments...:blulsh2:

That's a nice one too Bobly...softening the background to bring the Lion more into prominence plus the tight crop...interesting :)

I love to see everyone's creative ideas! Thanks! I will post another one shortly:)

Ooh...I kindof like that! That would be a way to tie a series of photos together that may not otherwise go together (I am thinking for hanging in my home...)

That is a cool effect...How did you achieve it? Contrast and brightness? or something else?

i just played with curves alot, did some color adjustments and some dodging and burning. i also added a little vignette.

might be a little overdone for some peoplet this is what i came out with.

Lionedit.jpg

I like it. I think the Eyes need to be brought out a bit more. Looks good. :thumbup: How did you do the darker border? Burn tool all around?

Woohoo! Finally something I can help with!

I borrowed from two previous posts....

Lionedit.jpg

:mrgreen:

I so enjoyed all the edits of my daughter's skate photo...I thought I might pull some shots from my old sony cybershot for playing with. Nature and macro are my favorite things. I shot this at the Philadelphia Zoo before the rehab and now all the cats are behind glass or fencing....can't get any good shots any more. I am posting the original un-processed original and my very first attempt (from what I gleaned from you wise folks) at post processing. Feel free to critique and have your own fun with the pics!:mrgreen:

1 Original shot
LionOriginal.jpg

2 Processed....what do you all think? too much? not enough?

Lionpostprocessed.jpg

I think way too much yellow.

Mine's prolly no better but here goes:

Lion_01.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back