How am I doing?

hippyatheart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking for critiques!

2565226936_286dde65d1_b.jpg

2564401905_5680b098ee_b.jpg

2565203372_384a3ed527_b.jpg

How in the world do I embed the pictures in a post? Thanks in advance!

The pictures look good, but I'd experiment with other lighting options (like looks a little harsh in the first one) and be careful of rocks (such as in the first one cutting off the child's leg).

To embed photos do this:

hmm, still didn't work.

I was playing around with contrast on the first one. It wasn't nearly as harsh.

Looks great to me! Could use a little more lighting on the first photo, or a vignette added in post processing to help emphasize the subject better, but otherwise looks great.

hmm, still didn't work.

I was playing around with contrast on the first one. It wasn't nearly as harsh.

remove the and

you can also create a link using a picture like so...

[.url=(enter the url of whatever website you want clicking on the picture to bring you to)]
[/url]

I think thats how you do it, but you have to remove the period in the beginning (I had to do that or the forum would think it was actually a url and make it into a link)

Pics look good, i really like the second one.

When you put up photos for comments or critique, we invite everyone to do so in the galleries, which are there for showcasing one's work.

The Beginners' Place is a Q&A-forum for beginners to the hobby.

Oh, and when you want to embed the photos in your post (went to do it for you here), click to the largest size flickr offers you, below which you will find two URLs (internet addresses of your photos). Highlight and copy the second of the two (I know, they say only use the first but ... you know...), then come over to here, use the "insert image icon" above the reply box (the little yellow square with grey mountains and grey sun), insert your URL into the pop-up box that will show once you click on the insert-image-icon, make sure you don't get a double http:// and your photo ought to show up right here.

An old teacher I once had called it "Autosomething's in focus". Quite appropriately, if you ask me, because SOMETHING is always in focus, but what you WANT in focus, that's another story. Make sure you're looking through the eyepiece viewfinder, not at the screen on your camera when taking pictures, so what you want is in focus. (In the second photo, the girls dress is in focus more than her face, but the composition is great).
I agree that the lighting is a little harsh in the first one, and that's just a result of direct flash. (Of which I am the world's biggest non-fan)
I my opinion, your composition is great, you just need to start working with the settings on your camera to make the images look the way they do in real life. If you're not using an SLR, check to see if you have ISO, shutter speed, or aperture settings on your camera, and start playing around! Have some fun, cuz those kids sure are!

I'm not great at photography or anything BUT the rock (in the first picture) bothers me and takes away from the image!!

I LOVED all the pictures but I would have cropped this picture like this....
(hope you don't mind...just thought i'd share, someone else prolly will disagree with me! xoxoxoxo)
2.jpg

1.jpg

Most reactions

Back