how are the taxi drivers in your city??

Then again, Uber is basically saying "we want to operate pretty much just like a taxi service...but we dont want to pay any of the taxi regulatory fees"

and this is how it should be.

Unless you're pro-monopoly.

Then again, Uber is basically saying "we want to operate pretty much just like a taxi service...but we dont want to pay any of the taxi regulatory fees"

and this is how it should be.

Unless you're pro-monopoly.

I am absolutely pro-monopoly.
that game was awesome!
until I landed on Park Place and had to pay...:boggled:

Philly is not difficult to get around in, so I use trains or buses or I drive. I can't remember ever being in a cab here, only in NYC where I grew up. From what I hear, the cab drivers here are no better or worse than anywhere else.

BTW, the OP's post and profile don't name a city, so what are we supposed to be comparing with?

No taxis here. We just hitch a ride on the next tractor that's heading towards town.
do you live in a farm? you mentioned tractor that is why I am asking
I live in a small (pop. 170) rural Iowa town.
No gas station, no grocery store, no bank, no doctor, no taxis.

Where do you live? It doesn't say in your profile.

Philly is not difficult to get around in, so I use trains or buses or I drive. I can't remember ever being in a cab here, only in NYC where I grew up. From what I hear, the cab drivers here are no better or worse than anywhere else.

BTW, the OP's post and profile don't name a city, so what are we supposed to be comparing with?
Philly is really easy to get around, especially driving. There were times that I actually preferred driving into the city than taking SEPTA.

Here's how we get to town to take in a movie:

San Francisco has the craziest cab drivers, but they were all very friendly.
Most were quiet until you started chatting them up.

I dropped my wallet in one cab, after paying. Lesson learned was always get a reciept, and always pay attention to the cab company.

After canceling all my credit and bank cards, our only money, I was worried about how I'd get to fly home without ID. My better half Google image searched San Francisco cab companies, and narrowed down 3 companies with similar colors. Called all three, and within an hour, my wallet was back in my hands. Tipped that driver with one of the $100 bills that was still in my wallet!

I've been to quite a few big cities, and never had a rude cabby. They are always willing to chat when you initiate it. I think they let the customer lead, and most people don't want to chat, so they don't initiate conversation. I think most frequent cab users see it as a means to an end, a service, and behave as such.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back