How are they doing their lighting? Help would be very appreciated

Ultimately the glass will help the most. As far as lighting goes it is up to experience. Personally I would recommend Speedotron 2400. Pricey for sure and not for the hobbyist. Check ebay. As was mentioned before you will need lots of flash power. Check out Alien Bees or White Lightning look for something in 1200 to 1600 ws range.

Tungsten is a great alternative. Lowell and Dinky Mole make the best. They are equally as pricey, but much easier to work with. Exposures will be in the 20 second range so that may be a problem production wise

Love & Bass

I'd also suggest buying Fil Hunter's "Light: Science and Magic", probably the best $$ you will spend.

What do you guys think about using Canon TS-S 90mm f/ 2.8 with a Nikon D90? The only reason I ask, is that I planned to do video with some of rings on a very slow turn table and I noticed the potential to use that lens with the video feature instead of buying an entirely new camcorder

You don't need a tilt shift lens, the canon lens won't even mount on your D90 anyway.

I actually have a 30D and I was throwing around the idea of the D90 just because I planned on doing video of the rings to and I noticed the D90 could accomplish both

Most reactions

New Topics

Back