how bad is the 24-70's camera shake?

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the 24-70mm Nikkor is a very well built lens. But i've looked into zoom lenses and the problem with camera shake when you zoom in. So people who've had experience with this lens: how bad is the camera shake on it? When you fully zoom in, do you get a lot of it? Or is it manageable without the VR?

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
how bad do you shake?

It depends.

How many Red Bulls do you drink in the morning? Take that number and multiple it by 77. There is your shake score.

Then the answer is: it depends.

one thing that occured to me a long time ago is the farther i zoom,the more i need a tripod/monopod or at the least a fast shutter speed.BTW a shakey hand isn't always due to chemistry....sometimes it's medical.

without VR, it depends upon your shutter speed.

I've been learning to live without VR. Using ISO to keep the shutter speed faster than the handheld "shake" even on my 80-200 and 75-300, and 500mm lenses handheld.

without VR, it depends upon your shutter speed.

I've been learning to live without VR. Using ISO to keep the shutter speed faster than the handheld "shake" even on my 80-200 and 75-300, and 500mm lenses handheld.

I suppose that is a solution. I shoot mostly in less than ideal lighting situations a lot of the time. Thanks!

I find a flask full of Makers Mark helps settle the nerves and gives me at least four stops improvement with my non VR lenses...

So the 24-70mm Nikkor is a very well built lens. But i've looked into zoom lenses and the problem with camera shake when you zoom in. So people who've had experience with this lens: how bad is the camera shake on it? When you fully zoom in, do you get a lot of it? Or is it manageable without the VR?

:lmao:

Depends - on how steady your hands are, how good your stance is, what shutter speed you have set, etc, etc.

Thanks for the help folks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back