How beat up is your camera???

For those that want to use your camera as a hammer ... make sure you lock up the mirror first to prevent it from breaking.

UV filter, nah he gets all his gear for free anyway. No need to worry about tearing equipment up when it isn't yours to begin with... : )

Lets see, my old D70 is messy, it looks old and used, Has I think almost 200,000 on it. It's been in the pouring rain before uncovered and it was fine.

My D700 still looks like new, it's got 33,860 miles on it and it's been partly submerged before and it still looks/works perfect.

My FE has some brassing which makes it look pretty used, but that's about it.. My Pentax ZX-M was dropped on the pavement a few days after I bought it. It dented the top (plastic) but didn't affect it at all other than that.

All my other cameras are in good shape. I don't baby them, but I also don't knock them around either.

you guys dont even wanna know what my d300 has been through. you'll probably cry.

If your D300 still work, I'll be more than happy to hear what it has been through!!! :)
If it not working anymore, I'll cry for 5 minutes but I'll still be curious....lol

My camera is not beat up at all, none of my gear is. I clean it all after every outing, and sometimes when I'm bored. The most you could find on it is a little dust and maybe some scratches. I'm very OCD :er:.

All of my equipment looks flawless other than a couple minor lens hood scuffs. I take extra precautions and care with all of equipment. (actually, everything I own) I always pack and store everything in well padded cases. My 600 f/4 has a lens coat on it to avoid scratches and scuffs. I like my things to look new, and there is always a chance I may have to sell it. Don't get me wrong, I use the heck out of my gear, and mainly outdoors. A scratch won't ruin my day, but like I said, I take care of it all.

oh it still works perfect.
here is one example

10mm without a housing...
b340d7aa.jpg

:confused: I've managed a few dings here & there, but...um....yeah....

I saw your thread about the bad luck day....now I'm beginning to wonder.

Oh that. It was bad luck week, and about 4 of those in this list happened in that week :(

I think you just took the prize for the most beat up camera of the year award. I guess you no longer worry about bang up here and there with that camera anymore. I'm still trying to baby my equipment for for now.

It's not till after that first scratch that you start using your camera :D. Oh and insurance helps.

For those that want to use your camera as a hammer ... make sure you lock up the mirror first to prevent it from breaking.

On the list of things I didn't expect to see on this forum, this one ranks quite highly.

My FE has some brassing which makes it look pretty used, but that's about it..

FEs only ever get brassing. I think my dad dropped it from the second floor of a building once and it still only has some brassing. This is a legendarily indestructible camera.

My 40D is in perfect condition because it never leaves the Pelican. My 5D has had a little bit of metal and paint ground off the back. It has an interesting scratch in the paint by the top LCD that looks like a lightning bolt. The back LCD has had some plastic shaved off. I'm actually impressed how tough the thing is.

All my lenses are pretty much flawless except my 50mm f/1.4 has some rub marks on the plastic, but it lives on my 5D and goes everywhere with me. The hood for my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS is a little bit scratched, but those things scratch so easily. For such an expensive lens, that hood is cheap.

Last edited:
My 30D has but a few scratches after falling off my car onto the road, somehow it survived. That camera is a tank. It works fine, but im selling my Xti to get a 40D because I just don't trust bringing that thing along on vacation :D

Most reactions

Back